Jobcentre Plus offers an extensive range of free services to help reduce your costs and grow your small business.
They have specialist recruitment advisers in each Jobcentre, who are always on hand to offer local advice and will arrange to come out and see you. They also have a national Small Business Recruitment Service on 0345 601 2001 who give advise how to register and advertise your opportunities on our National recruitment site Universal Jobmatch.
• offer support and advice on how best to match claimants to your vacancy.
• offer interview space in our Jobcentres
• Sift and screen applicants to your specification before they are offered an interview.
• In some cases, look at training support, where appropriate, to match the needs of the business.
• Advice on Access to work funding to make adjustments in the workplace, to help you support and retain workers who are disabled or have a long term health condition
Advertise your jobs to millions of jobseekers who search Universal Jobmatch every week. Register on gov.uk/advertise-job You can post and manage jobs online 24/7, 365 days a year and Universal Jobmatch matches suitable jobseekers by their CVs and the skills required
Every Jobcentre has employment advisers who will provide a tailored service, to find the best people for your jobs. They know about the local labour market and will make suggestions on the best way to recruit in your sector.
Your contact will work with you to design a package of support which will create opportunities for people in your area and build your business, including giving an unemployed person real work experience at no cost to you as an employer, or look at apprenticeships or traineeships to get the skills into your sector They can also offer a trial period to a jobseeker, incurring no wage costs.